Let our luscious hand-dyed fabric tempt you into creating something fit for a king! Whether you are inspired by the regal status of the lion price, the gorgeous colors and textures of Africa, a movie, or a Broadway musical (we can't say which one!)... go wild!
Entry Fee: $45.00. Includes one fat quarter each of black and three shades of golden yellow, registration fee, and shipping.
PURCHASE FABRIC HERE: http://cherrywoodfabrics.bigcartel.com/product/the-cherrywood-challenge-2016
SIZE: Finished quilt size: 20″ x 20″
- Quilt top and binding must be made entirely from Cherrywood Fabric. The one exception is white which may be a different brand since we do not have white. Backing is your choice.
- At least 60% of the quilt must use the official KING of the JUNGLE Golds and Black.
- Additional accent colors of Cherrywood may be added.
- Embellishments may be added, with the exception of glitter.
- Any technique of assembly is acceptable as long as it maintains the character of a textile quilt.
- Finished quilt must have a top, a middle, and a backing with some method of connecting the three layers.
- Maximum thickness: 1 inch. No internal or external structures or hangers. Quilts must be square.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not meet copyright laws. Do not use any trademarked logos or images.
- Upload three high-quality photos of your quilt to www.CherrywoodChallengeEntry.com. One image should show the entire quilt placed next to ruler or tape measure to confirm the 20” requirement. The other two images should show the most important details of your entry. Use a tripod and make them count!
First Place: $650 Gift Card!
Second Place: $200 Gift Card!
Third Place: $100 Gift Card!
Winners will be announced at the debut showing of the exhibit at AQS QuiltWeek Grand Rapids on August 11. Viewer’s Choice ribbons will be awarded at certain venues. 120 Finalist quilts will travel at least through 2017 to national quilt shows.
DEADLINE IS JULY 1, 2016
Notifications of Finalists: July 8, 2016
We will announce the 120 Finalists quilts juried into the exhibition. You will be notified by email. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not meet copyright laws. Do not use any trademarked logos or images.
Accepted Artwork Delivery Date: July 15, 2016
Finalists will be required to mail the finished quilt to the address below. Name, address, e-mail and phone number must be written on the back of the quilt. Participants are responsible for providing your own insurance from the time the quilt leaves your hands to the time you get it back. We understand that this is a tight turnaround, but time is needed to photograph and prepare the quilts for exhibit.
Mail to: Cherrywood Fabrics 7882 College Road Baxter, MN 56425
Prize Winners Announced: August 11, 2016
Three prize winners will be announced at the debut exhibition at AQS QuiltWeek in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Winners will be notified by e-mail. These names and images will also be announced on Facebook.
DIGITAL IMAGES: www.cherrywoodchallengeentry.com
- Submit one overall digital image and two detail digital image for each piece of artwork.
- Digital images must be saved as a high quality JPEG file (No TIFF files).
- Finished images should be a minimum of 2100 pixels on the longest side.
STATEMENT OF RELEASE:
You will be asked to agree to this statement:
I agree to loan my artwork to Cherrywood Fabrics. I understand that the costs of insuring and shipping my artwork to the are my responsibility. I further agree to permit the images or detail images and/or all or part of my artist’s statement to be used in the exhibit catalog, articles, ads, promotions, books, websites, blogs, CD’s, current event news coverage, television productions, and/or multi-media productions for and about exhibit or for and about the shows at which the exhibit may be seen.
If you have any questions, please contact Karla Overland at firstname.lastname@example.org