Let our luscious hand-dyed fabric tempt you into creating something wicked! Maybe you are influenced by the Broadway hit musical WICKED™, or maybe you just have something wicked inside you that needs to come out... just have fun with it and express your wicked self!
Deadline: August 1st, 2014
Grand Prize: $650 worth of Cherrywood!
First Place: $200 of Cherrywood!
Second Place: $100 of Cherrywood!
Viewers Choice Ribbons will be awarded at each venue.
The WICKED Challenge Exhibit will be displayed at The Gershwin Theater (home of WICKED™) on Broadway in New York City! The quilts will hang from September 18 thru November 3, 2014. This will be inconjunction with the 11th Anniversary Celebration of WICKED™ on October 30th. Wicked awesome!
• Entry Fee: $35.00 - Includes registration form AND Cherrywood WICKED Greens and Black totaling one yard to get you started. Click here to get registered.
• Finished quilt size: 20″ x 20″
• Theme: Anything related to the word "wicked" or the musical "WICKED™." Some images might include Elphaba, the Wicked Witch, flying monkeys, The Emerald City, Glinda, etc. Haven't seen the show? That's ok - just think about what the word wicked means to you. Is it wicked awesome?
• Quilts must be made completely from Cherrywood Hand Dyed Fabric, using mainly the WICKED Greens and Black. Additional accent colors and embellishments may be added.
• Mail quilt & signed registration form to:
Cherrywood Fabrics, PO Box 486, Brainerd, Minnesota 56401
• 24 finalists and two winners will be chosen and notified by August 8, 2014. These names and images will also be announced on Facebook. Finalist Quilts will travel with Cherrywood for at least a year. Non-winning quilts will be photographed for use by Cherrywood and returned to owner, unless donated.
Other possible venues for displaying the WICKED Exhibit:
The Q Gallery, Brainerd, MN
So come join the fun! It's gonna be WICKED awesome!!